Akron Children’s Expands in Austintown
AUSTINTOWN, Ohio — In an effort to meet the increased need for pediatric care in the area, Akron Children’s Hospital Pediatrics has quadrupled the number of exam rooms at its location here.
The latest addition to the building at 5480 Norquest Blvd. expanded the space to 10,267 square feet, three times its previous size, according to a company release. Exam rooms have been increased to 24, up from six.
Other features include a larger waiting area and parking lot, more wheelchair accessibility and the addition of a wheelchair-accessible scale, a dedicated child guidance room for counseling/behavioral health visits, and four dedicated assessment areas for recording of heigh, weight, blood pressure and temperature.
“We opened our Austintown location in 2016, and since then the number of families choosing it has steadily increased,” said Mike Mainwaring, vice president of Community Care for Akron Children’s. “This newly expanded and renovated space allows us to continue our commitment to provide essential pediatric care to children in Austintown and throughout the Mahoning Valley.”
The Austintown office’s providers are Dr. Erin Donley, Dr. Catherine Henson and Dr. Jessica Tattershall and pediatric nurse practitioner Melanie Klockner.
Akron Children’s Hospital has also redoubled its efforts to provide a safe environment for families and employees during the coronavirus pandemic.
At all of its sites, Akron Children’s is:
- Limiting entry points.
- Practicing social/physical distancing.
- Continually educating and retraining caregivers on personal protective equipment and hand hygiene.
- Cleaning common areas frequently.
- Installing more hand sanitizer dispensers.
- Decreasing the number of visitors.
- Giving surgical masks to all Akron Children’s employees working on-site.
- Asking everyone visiting an Akron Children’s facility to wear masks or face coverings, except for kids under 2 or those with sensory issues. Masks are provided for visitors who do not bring their own.
For appointments, call 330 543 2778 or toll-free 833 543 2778.
Pictured: Akron Children’s Hospital Pediatrics at 5480 Norquest Blvd., Austintown. (Image: Akron Children’s Hospital)
Published by The Business Journal, Youngstown, Ohio.