ACH Seeks Nominations for Children’s Advocate Award
BOARDMAN, Ohio — Akron Children’s Hospital Mahoning Valley is accepting nominations for the Children’s Advocate Award. The award will be presented at the Champions for Our Valley’s Children celebration May 10 at The Lake Club in Poland.
At the event, Akron Children’s Hospital Mahoning Valley will recognize donors, volunteers, staff and community partners who have supported the hospital.
Nominees for may be an individual, group of individuals or an organization, and may be self-nominated or nominated by another person. Nominees must reside in the Akron Children’s Hospital Mahoning Valley five-county service area.
“The purpose of the Children’s Advocate Award is to recognize individuals and organizations who exhibit the spirit of caring and who are working to make a difference in the lives of the children of the community,” said JoAnn Stock, Akron Children’s Hospital Mahoning Valley director of development.
Selection criteria for the award include:
- Demonstrates a deep, caring desire to help children.
- Has taken action to address a problem facing local children or youth.
- Has provided three or more years of service directly affecting the well-being of children.
- Addresses a broad problem/issue affecting a large number of children or youth.
- Demonstrates a long-term commitment to finding solutions to the problem/issue, primarily at the local level.
- Gives personal volunteer service over and above the expectations of his/her career or profession.
- Promotes continuation of his/her advocacy or service by enlisting others to join in solving the problem/issue and enhancing the well-being of children and the community.
The completed nomination form and accompanying narrative must be received by March 14. For a nomination form, visit this website or call 330 746 9122.
Copyright 2024 The Business Journal, Youngstown, Ohio.