Akron Children’s Seeks Advocate Award Nominations
BOARDMAN, Ohio – Nominations are now being accepted for the Children’s Advocate Award. The award will be presented by Akron Children’s Hospital Mahoning Valley at the Champions for our Valley’s Children celebration on May 8 at The Lake Club in Poland.
“The Children’s Advocate Award recognizes organizations and individuals throughout the Mahoning Valley who are working to make a difference in the lives of the children of the community and display the spirit of caring,” said JoAnn Stock, senior director of development for Akron Children’s Hospital in a news release.
Reservations to attend are $50 per person and corporate sponsorships are available.
Nominees may be an individual, group of individuals or an organization, and may be self-nominated or nominated by another person. Nominees must reside in the Akron Children’s Hospital Mahoning Valley service area, which consists of Mahoning, Trumbull and Columbiana counties in northeast Ohio, and Mercer and Lawrence counties in western Pennsylvania.
Selection criteria are as follows:
- Demonstrates a deep, caring desire to help children.
- Has taken action to address a problem facing local children or youth.
- Has provided three or more years of service directly affecting the well-being of children.
- Addresses a broad problem/issue affecting a large number of children or youth.
- Demonstrates a long-term commitment to finding solutions to the problem/issue, primarily at the local level.
- Gives personal volunteer service over and above the expectations of his career or profession.
- Promotes continuation of his advocacy or service by enlisting others to join in solving the problem/issue and enhancing the well-being of children and the community.
The completed nomination form and narrative must be received by March 4.
For a nomination form click here or call 330 746 9122.
Copyright 2018 The Business Journal, Youngstown, Ohio.
Published by The Business Journal, Youngstown, Ohio.
CLICK HERE to subscribe to our print edition and sign up to our free daily headlines.