Akron Children’s Seeks Nominations for Advocate Award
BOARDMAN, Ohio – Akron Children’s Hospital Mahoning Valley is taking nominations for the Children’s Advocate Award. The deadline to apply is March 13 and the award will be presented May 9 at the Champions for our Valley’s Children dinner.
Nominees may be an individual, a group of people or an organization. Those nominated must reside in Mahoning, Trumbull and Columbiana counties in Ohio and Mercer and Lawrence counties in Pennsylvania.
The selection criteria for the award are:
- Demonstrates a deep, caring desire to help children
- Has taken action to address a problem facing local children
- Has three or more years of service directly impacting the well-being of children
- Addresses a broad issue facing a large number of children
- Demonstrates a long-term commitment to find solutions to that issue
- Volunteers outside of a professional career
- Advocates by helping others get involved in addressing issues
A nomination form is available here and must be submitted by March 13. The awards dinner will recognize doctors, volunteers, staff and community partners who support Akron Children’s Hospital Mahoning Valley. Tickets for the dinner, to be held at The Lake Club, are $50 and can be purchased here.
Copyright 2023 The Business Journal, Youngstown, Ohio.