YOUNGSTOWN, Ohio – The Home Builders & Remodelers Association of the Valley held their Annual Presidential Dinner Jan. 18 at Mr. Anthony’s in Boardman, where Valley builders, contractors, bankers, suppliers and associates gathered to honor 2018 President Carl Alexander and welcome 2019 President Karen Ament, the HBA’s first woman president in the 74-year history of the association.
Alexander, of Alexander Construction, gave a farewell address to the crowd. Following his address, the HBA executive board and board of directors were sworn in for the 2019 calendar year. Ament, the new president, also spoke of her plans for the upcoming year.
The executive board is led by Ament of Burgan Real Estate, president; Mark Ramunno of Custom Homes Designed By Mark Ramunno, vice president; Steve Brewer, Foundation Building Materials, treasurer and secretary; Carl Alexander of Alexander Construction, immediate past president; and Rich Abel, Banner Supply Co., past president.
Alexander presented the following awards to members for their efforts during the past year:
- 2018 Outstanding Community Service Award: Rich Abel, Banner Supply Co.
- 2018 Frank Pasquale Associate of the Year: Donna Atwood, Home Savings Bank
- 2018 Chairperson of the Year: Karen Ament, Burgan Real Estate
- 2018 Remodeler of the Year: Sam Pitzulo, Pitzulo Homes & Remodeling
- 2018 Growth Builder Member of the Year: GreenHeart Co.
The following were sworn-in as HBA board members for 2019:
- Donna Atwood, Home Savings Bank
- Steve Brewer, Foundation Building Materials
- Keith Denman, Cortland Hardwood
- Paul Guzman, Smart Solutions
- Dave Hardy, Pillar To Post Home Inspectors
- Sam Pitzulo, Pitzulo Homes & Remodeling
- Steve Stack, Baird Brothers Fine Hardwoods
- Teri Storey, Masonry Materials Plus
- Richard Thacker, Thacker Plumbing & Heating
- Ed Wojciechowski, Edison Landscape & Deck Lighting
Pictured: Karen Ament, HBA’s 2019 president.
Copyright 2019 The Business Journal, Youngstown, Ohio.
Published by The Business Journal, Youngstown, Ohio.
CLICK HERE to subscribe to our print edition and sign up to our free daily headlines.