Artists Invited to Participate in ‘Frame Your Happiness’
YOUNGSTOWN, Ohio – Working within the confines of a picture frame, artists are invited to create artwork expressing their version of happiness in the public art project “Frame Your Happiness.”
The finished works will be displayed at the Youngstown State University Summer Festival of the Arts, July 8 and 9, announced organizers of the festival and Power of the Arts, a Mahoning Valley arts and culture advocacy initiative.
“This project takes the emotion of happiness, and encourages artists to visually represent their feelings. It also allows people who are not artists by profession, but who love to create, the opportunity to participate in the Summer Festival of the Arts,” says Lori A. Factor, Summer Festival of the Arts director in an announcement.
Guidelines for the project are:
- Artists may be professional or amateur.
- Picture frames may be made of any material, no smaller than 8″ x 10” but no larger than 20″ x 24”; new, handmade or recycled.
- Both the interior and exterior of the frame may be used.
- The artwork may be 2-Dimensional or 3-Dimensional.
- Only family friendly artwork will be accepted.
- One submission per person.
- The artwork may be exposed to wind and rain.
Copyright 2023 The Business Journal, Youngstown, Ohio.