Buhl Foundation Awards 8 Agencies $389,877
HERMITAGE, Pennsylvania — The Buhl Regional Health Foundation has awarded eight nonprofits grants totaling $389,877.
The grants will be used for health-related programs, according to a press release.
The nonprofits receiving funding are:
- Community Recreation of Northern Mercer County, Baughman Family Community Center – $214,597.
- Community Food Warehouse, Myron’s Mobile – $10,000.
- George Junior Republic, Cavitron Dental Scaling System – $5,000.
- Maple Tree Cancer Alliance, Maple Tree Cancer Alliance Partnership Program at BCRC – $25,000.
- PHN Charitable Foundation, Ensuring Equity for Whole-Person Needs in Underserved Populations – $62,500.
- Shenango River Watchers, Shenango Trail Bridge Project – $15,000.
- UPMC Horizon, UPMC Horizon Birth Circle Doula Support Program – $52,780.
- Youngstown Blue Coats Program, Homeless Veterans and other Homeless Individuals: Improving Health and Well-being – $5,000.
The next grant cycle, which opens for submission May 25, will focus on the foundation’s six pillars of collaboration: health education, cancer initiatives, health equity, healthy lifestyles, maternal health and medical access.
Published by The Business Journal, Youngstown, Ohio.