Burgan Gives YSU Students a Chance to ‘Putt for Tuition’
YOUNGSTOWN, Ohio — Students in good standing and actively enrolled at Youngstown State University will have the chance to putt for a $10,000 cash prize.
During eight select YSU men’s and women’s home basketball games, Burgan Real Estate, the official real estate partner of YSU Athletics, will host its Putt for Tuition Sweepstakes. Students in attendance at the games will be eligible to make a 94-foot putt to have the agency underwrite their tuition for a year.
“Our partnership with YSU, both in the classroom and on the court, has made great strides in enriching the lives of students at YSU,” said Patrick Burgan, co-owner of Burgan Real Estate. “We have done promotions in the past, but this time we wanted to make it special for the students supporting the Penguins and sitting in the all-new Burgan Real Estate Student Section in Beeghly Center. This promotion will continue to show how our partnership with YSU Athletics is better together.”
Students can enter the contest upon entering one of the games. At tip-off for each game, a name will be randomly drawn from the list of entries. The student selected will have to putt a golf ball on the basketball court into a hole cut out of a board 94 feet from the putting line to win the $10,000.
- Dec. 2, 2021 vs. Milwaukee (7 p.m.) (Women’s Basketball Game)
- Dec. 8, 2021 vs. Central Michigan (7 p.m.) (Men’s Basketball Game)
- Jan. 13, 2022 vs. Northern Kentucky (7 p.m.) (Men’s Basketball Game)
- Jan. 14, 2022 vs. University of Illinois – Chicago (7 p.m.) (Women’s Basketball Game)
- Jan. 27, 2022 vs. Green Bay (7 p.m.) (Men’s Basketball Game)
- Jan. 28, 2022 vs. Detroit Mercy (7 p.m.) (Women’s Basketball Game)
- Feb. 17, 2022 vs. University of Illinois – Chicago (7 p.m.) (Men’s Basketball Game)
- Feb. 18, 2022 vs. Northern Kentucky (7 p.m.) (Women’s Basketball Game)
“Burgan Real Estate has always delivered as a partner of YSU Athletics, embracing the title of being the Official Real Estate Partner of the Penguins and bringing innovative ways to engage fans at our events,” stated Ron Strollo, executive director of YSU Athletics. “We thank Patrick, Sue and the entire Burgan Bunch for their continued support of YSU’s student-athletes and commitment to our great community.”
Published by The Business Journal, Youngstown, Ohio.