Davis Y Offers LiveStrong for Adult Cancer Survivors
BOARDMAN, Ohio — The Davis Family YMCA is looking for adult cancer survivors to participate in the “LiveStrong at the YMCA” program
LiveStrong at the YMCA is a 12-week small group program designed for adult cancer survivors who have become “de-conditioned or chronically fatigued from their treatment and/or disease,” says Beth Scheller, the YMCA’s vice president of strategic advancement.
The program is offered without cost to the participants and runs from Feb. 2 to April 22, meeting Mondays and Wednesdays from 1 to 2:30 p.m.
The goals of the program include:
- Enhancing muscular strength and endurance.
- Increasing cardiovascular endurance.
- Improving flexibility.
- Improving circulation and functional ability.
- Restoring balance.
- Diminishing the severity of side effects.
- Improving vitality, body image, and stress levels.
- Providing an atmosphere that allows participants quality social interaction and support.
- Providing participants with tools and guidance to help them begin or continue their journey to wellness.
Certified YMCA health and wellness instructors will give personal individualized instruction to the participants. The instructors are trained in the elements of cancer, post rehab exercise, and supportive cancer care.
Pre-registration is required. For more information, email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 330 480 5656, Ext. 236.
Published by The Business Journal, Youngstown, Ohio.
Copyright 2021 The Business Journal, Youngstown, Ohio.