Deadline Nears for Family-Owned Business Awards Nominations
YOUNGSTOWN, Ohio – Nominations for Family-Owned Business Awards are due by Wednesday.
The awards, presented by the Youngstown/Warren Regional Chamber in collaboration with Sapientia Ventures, Huntington, HBK and Brouse McDowell, honor local businesses and showcase the successes and importance of family-owned businesses in the community.
The awards will be presented at the third annual Family-Owned Business Recognition Dinner on March 1 at The Lake Club in Poland. Rob Cochran, president and CEO of #1 Cochran, will be the keynote speaker at this year’s event.
Twenty honorees will be selected from the nominations, and one will be chosen from each category as the recipient of a special award. The five categories are:
- Sapientia Ventures Success in Succession: This award highlights a well-executed and unique succession plan that occurred in recent years.
- Huntington Social Impact Award: This award focuses on a family-owned business that went above and beyond to support the community while leveraging the business.
- Family-Owned Business Advocate of the Year: This award goes to either a business or an individual who was involved in an initiative that supported the family-owned business ecosystem locally.
- Brouse McDowell Local to National Presence: This award goes to a family-owned business that has managed to develop a national or global presence while remaining family-owned.
- HBK Growth Story: This award is for a family-owned business that took its enterprise to the next level.
More information and a nomination form are available HERE.
Published by The Business Journal, Youngstown, Ohio.