Fundraising Professionals Seek Nominations for Awards
YOUNGSTOWN, Ohio – The Mahoning-Shenango Chapter of the Association of Fundraising Professionals is accepting nominations for the 2015 National Philanthropy Day Awards.
This year’s event, which will take place Nov. 20 at Mr. Anthony’s Banquet Center in Boardman, will mark the 25th year of the awards in the Mahoning Valley.
The public is invited to nominate groups or individuals that meet the criteria for these awards. To be eligible, nominees must reside in Mahoning, Trumbull or Columbiana counties in Ohio or in Mercer or Lawrence counties in Pennsylvania.
Nominations are being accepted in the following categories:
- Outstanding Philanthropist (individual or family).
- Outstanding Corporate Philanthropist (corporation or corporate foundation).
- Outstanding Small Business Philanthropist (100 employees or fewer).
- Outstanding Volunteer Fundraiser (individual or small group.)
- Outstanding Civic Organization (civic volunteer group.)
- Outstanding Young Philanthropist (individual or group, 18 and under).
- Legacy Award (presented in conjunction with The Mahoning/Shenango Planned Giving Council posthumously to an individual or family)
Nomination forms and expanded descriptions of each award criteria are available at the Mahoning-Shenango AFP chapter’s website or via email. Nominations are due by 5 p.m. July 15 and can be submitted via email or to AFP, P.O. Box 672, Youngstown, OH 44501.
For more information, contact Joann Stock at Akron Children’s Hospital Mahoning Valley, 330 746 9122; Catherine Cala at Youngstown State University, 330 941 2752; or Julia Pisansky at Beatitude House, 330 744 3147.
Copyright 2023 The Business Journal, Youngstown, Ohio.