Mahoning Mental Health Board Honors Care Providers and Supporters
YOUNGSTOWN, Ohio – The Mahoning County Mental Health & Recovery Board presented its annual Mental Health and Recovery Awards Friday, honoring local residents and organizations for their work in improving services and care in the area.
“It’s an honor for the Mental Health & Recovery Board to gather each year and recognize the contributions of these individuals and organizations to the health and wellness of our community,” said Executive Director Duane Piccirilli in a statement.
“Throughout this pandemic, we’ve seen a dramatic increase in the need for mental health and recovery services in our community, which makes the work they are doing even more important,” he continued.
This year’s award winners are:
- Crisis Intervention Team Officer of the Year – Lt. Salvatore Pascarella of the Mahoning County Sheriff’s Office.
- Program of the Year – Mahoning County Family and Children’s Council Service Coordination.
- Crisis Incident Stress Management Award – Lt. Tom Collins of the Austintown Police Department.
- VanGuard Award for Front Line Staff of the Year – Help Network of Northeast Ohio Suicide Crisis Hotline.
- Pillar Award for Support Staff of the Year – Lucia Lovell of Mahoning County Probate Court.
- Leadership Award – Pastor Michael H. Harrison Sr. of Union Baptist Church
- Advocate Award – Ellen Taylor of Compass Family & Community Services.
Pictured: This year’s honorees at the Mahoning County Mental Health & Recovery Board’s awards ceremony are (back row, left to right) Nancy Clausen, Roseanne Cario, Jean Zets, Cathy Grizinski ,Cosetta McMilla, Sonya Perry, Lt. Tom Collins and (front row, left to right) Doris Wright, Ellen Taylor, Michelle Gennaro, Rachilla Bisista, Lt. Salvatore Pascarella, Lucia Lovell and Pastor Michael Harrison.
Published by The Business Journal, Youngstown, Ohio.