NEW MIDDLETOWN, Ohio – For the second consecutive year, the American College of Health Care Administrators has recognized Masternick Memorial Health Care Center as a top performer in the industry.
Each year, the association recognizes the leaders of top-performing skilled nursing facilities across the country through the Eli Pick Facility Leadership Award.
Masternick Memorial was one of 31 nursing homes in Ohio that were selected for the award. There are 970 skilled nursing homes in the state. Just 7% of such centers qualify for the award nationwide.
To be considered for the Eli Pick Facility Leadership Award, facilities must meet all of the following criteria:
- The current administrator has been the administrator of record for the full calendar year.
- No survey in the past three years with a citation above “E” in scope and severity.
- Occupancy of at least 80% as defined by Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services Survey Report.
- Avoidance of Special Focus Facility status.
- At least two Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services four-quarter average quality measure score equal or better than the top quartile for the United States for eight select quality measures.
Masternick Memorial Health Care Center is owned and operated by Windsor House, Inc., a group of skilled nursing, rehabilitation, Alzheimer’s care and assisted living communities with locations throughout northeastern Ohio and western Pennsylvania.
Copyright 2019 The Business Journal, Youngstown, Ohio.
Published by The Business Journal, Youngstown, Ohio.
CLICK HERE to subscribe to our print edition and sign up to our free daily headlines.