Mercy Health Holds Woman’s Heart Day Thursday
YOUNGSTOWN, Ohio – Mercy Health of Youngstown is holding its annual Woman’s Heart Day event Thursday that provides potentially life-saving screenings, as well as information people need to improve their health status.
This year’s event is from 6:30 a.m. to 2 p.m. at the Covelli Centre.
For the past 14 years, Mercy Health of Youngstown has increased awareness of the impact of heart disease on women. In 2016 the event drew close to 1,000 attendees. Women’s heart health will remain the focus at the event, but this year will also include a variety of health services for both women and men.
The event will feature:
- Health screenings including bone density, hemoglobin A1C (diabetes) and lipid profile (cholesterol).
- Dental services.
- “Ask a Doc” – connect directly to a primary care physician to ask health-related questions.
- “Ask a Pharmacist” – connect directly to a pharmacist to ask medication-related questions.
- Health information exhibit hall, featuring more than 70 Mercy Health services and community-based health-and-wellness organizations.
- Blood drive.
- Fitness demonstrations, including Chair Yoga (noon to 12:30 p.m.) and Zumba (12:45 to 1:15 p.m.).
- CPR training (hands-only sessions from 10:30 to 11 a.m. and 11:15 to 11:45 a.m.).
- Spa services (massage therapy and Macy’s salon).
Speakers include Dr. Allen Amorn, Delia Passi, Dr. Thomas Chirichella and Jodie Shagrin Kavensky.
Screenings are open to the public, and most activities accommodate walk-ins. Activities and screenings that require pre-registration include:
- Hemoglobin A1C and lipid profile screenings; call 330 480 5378.
- Mammogram; call 330 4802654.
- Hands-on CPR training; call 330 4805378.
Copyright 2019 The Business Journal, Youngstown, Ohio.
Published by The Business Journal, Youngstown, Ohio.
CLICK HERE to subscribe to our print edition and sign up to our free daily headlines.