Meridian HealthCare Fundraiser to Feature Art Auction
YOUNGSTOWN – The Meridian HealthCare Foundation’s first fundraising event, the DECA Art Auction – an interactive art auction featuring artists from across the nation – will take place Oct. 27 at the DoubleTree by Hilton hotel, downtown.
Eleven one-of-a-kind works of art centered around the concept of “hope” will be up for bid, including a piece by local artist Jenna Hudock. Tickets to the event are available online. Those unable to attend can bid online, beginning Oct. 17.
Bidding on artwork is available to the public, nationally, from Oct. 17 to Oct. 27 at 8 p.m. at one.bidpal.net/decaartauction/welcome. Winners will be announced at 8:30 p.m. on Oct. 27 at the live event. Online bids do not require an event ticket.
A single VIP ticket to the event is $75 and grants early access starting at 5:30 p.m.
General admission tickets are $50 and grant entry at 6 p.m. The deadline to purchase is Oct. 10; go to one.bidpal.net/decaartauction/welcome
- The in-person DECA Auction event will feature heavy appetizers by Chef Mark Canzonetta and will take guests through four zones of interactive displays:
- D (Dream of a new way): A recreation of Andy Warhol’s Silver Clouds installation.
- E (Expression of one’s unique journey): Blackout poetry workshop with Michael Nyers.
- C (Courage to heal): An interactive Matisse mural that encourages guests to write what “hope” means to them.
- A (Of art: “Creativity takes courage”- Henri Matisse): An in-person and virtual art auction (all pieces will be on display).
- A deluxe chance auction will also take place, allowing guests the opportunity to win original artwork, a private VIP tour of The Butler Institute of American Art, cooking classes for six at the renovated Public Library, and other unique experiences.
The foundation’s inaugural event will also feature songwriter/musician Marc Lee Shannon (former guitarist for Michael Stanley’s band, The Resonators) as the keynote speaker.
A passionate advocate for addiction recovery, Shannon has authored a monthly column, “Sober Chronicles,” for The Devil Strip. His podcast, “Recovery Talks – The Podcast,” features lantern holders and lighthouses that freely share their sobriety and mental health journeys.
Copyright 2023 The Business Journal, Youngstown, Ohio.