MVHS to Present Awards at June 16 Annual Meeting
YOUNGSTOWN, Ohio – The Mahoning Valley Historical Society will recognize this year’s winners of its annual Historic Preservation Awards at its 140th annual meeting.
The annual meeting will take place from 5:30 to 8:30 p.m. June 16 at the Tyler Mahoning Valley History Center downtown.
The awards honor individuals and organizations in Mahoning and Trumbull counties for their role in preserving historic buildings, sites and districts.
Five awards are being presented to organizations and individuals:
- Commercial Revitalization Award – Smoky Hollow War Memorial
- Commercial Revitalization Award – The Raymond John Wean Foundation (Market Block Building)
- MVHS Board of Directors’ Award of Achievement – Mahoning Valley Dispatch Building and Canfield Historical Society
- Jeanne D. Tyler – for her commitment to historic preservation in the region, including her support for restoration projects for Stambaugh Auditorium and MVHS’ Tyler History Center and Arms Family Museum
- William Conti – for his leadership in preservation and restoration projects at Stambaugh Auditorium including the auditorium ceiling restoration, the E.M. Skinner organ and renovations to the courtyard patio and ballroom, as well as helping gain historic district status for the Forest Glen Estates Neighborhood Association
For more information about the awards and the historical society, call 330 743 2589 or visit the MVHS website.
Pictured: Tyler History Center.
Copyright 2020 The Business Journal, Youngstown, Ohio.