Ohio Auditor to Keynote at Impact Ohio Conference Oct. 1
HOWLAND, Ohio – A conference hosted by Impact Ohio next week will explore economic development, politics and policy in the Mahoning Valley.
Among the speakers at the Oct. 1 Impact Ohio Mahoning Valley Regional Conference are Ohio Auditor of State Keith Frber, Youngstown/Warren Regional Chamber President and CEO Guy Coviello, and Eastgate Regional Council of Governments Executive Director Jim Kinnick.
Dan O’Brien, managing editor of The Business Journal, will moderate one of the panel discussions.
Held at The Grand Resort in Howland, the event runs from 8 a.m. to 1:30 p.m. Three panel discussions are planned, focusing on the Valley’s military economy, revolutionizing manufacturing in the area and the future of the proposed Lordstown Smart Logistics Hub.
“The Mahoning Valley has several sustainable, competitive advantages for economic growth,” said Ryan McNaughton, vice president of government affairs for the Regional Chamber, in a statement. “We are pleased to be able to showcase those to a larger audience at our regional Impact Ohio conference.”
The event is hosted in partnership with The Success Group – which founded Impact Ohio – and the Ohio Democratic and Republican parties.
“We expect to have an engaging dialogue on a variety of topics, and we look forward to having business and community leaders from the Valley gather at the conference to network and gain new insight into policy issues facing the community,” said Jennifer Flatter, CEO of Impact Ohio.
Other speakers on the agenda include:
- Brian Kelley, chief technology officer, Ohio Turnpike and Infrastructure Commission.
- Col. Jeffrey A. Van Dootingh, commander, Youngstown Air Reserve Station.
- Vito Abruzzino, executive directory Eastern Ohio Military Affairs Commission.
- Elaine Bryant, executive vice president for aerospace and defense, Dayton Development Coalition/managing director, JobsOhio’s military and federal sector.
- Michael Dustman, director of constituent services, office of Sen. Rob Portman.
- Justin Dennis, reporter, Mahoning Matters.
- Brandon Lamoncha, director of additive manufacturing, Humtown Products.
- Mark Lamoncha, president and CEO, Humtown Products.
- John Wilczynski, executive director, America Makes.
Tickets for the conference are $85 per person. Registration is available HERE.
Published by The Business Journal, Youngstown, Ohio.