Opioid Summit Set for Wednesday
YOUNGSTOWN, Ohio – Community Opioid Summit II will be held Wednesday at the Covelli Centre.
The event, which is open to the public and free of charge, will run from10 a.m. to 1:30 p.m,. It is sponsored by Mahoning County Juvenile Court and Mahoning County Mental Health and Recovery Board.
The program will be moderated by Derek Steyer of WFMJ-TV.
- Tracy Plouck, director, Ohio Department of Mental Health and Addiction Services
- Guy Burney, Youngstown CIRV Commission
- Darryl Alexander, executive director, YUMADAOP
- Dr. David Kennedy, Mahoning County coroner
- Dr. Daniel Brown, Meridian HealthCare
- Dr. Joseph Sitarik, Neil Kennedy Recovery Center
- A representative of the Ohio State Highway Patrol
- A person and family member who have experience with addiction.
U.S. Reps. Tim Ryan, D-13 Ohio, and Bill Johnson, R-6 Ohio, will each provide video messages at the summit.
Refreshments will be available.
Copyright 2019 The Business Journal, Youngstown, Ohio.
Published by The Business Journal, Youngstown, Ohio.
CLICK HERE to subscribe to our print edition and sign up to our free daily headlines.