Regional Chamber to Honor Eight at Salute to Business
YOUNGSTOWN, Ohio – The Youngstown Waren Regional Chamber will honor eight individuals Sept. 3 at its annual Salute to Business breakfast at Mr. Anthony’s banquet hall in Boardman.
The event begins at 7:30 and includes a talk by Bo Pelini, Youngstown State University’s head football coach, as well as a preview of the 169th Canfield Fair.
Awards will be given in six categories, the chamber announced in an email to members. Honorees are:
- Sharon Hrina, vice president, Akron Children’s Hospital Mahoning Valley, Business Professional of the Year;
- George and Spiro Bakeris, owners of the Ohio Commerce Center in Lordstown, Business Advocates of the Year;
- Deryck Toles, founder and president of Inspiring Minds, Warren, Nonprofit Professional of the Year;
- Kevin Reilly, executive vice president, Builders Association of Eastern Ohio and Western Pennsylvania, Salute To Labor Achievement;
- Eric Ryan, president of JAC Management Group and Eric Ryan Productions LLC, Entrepreneur of the Year;
- Bob and Peppe Smith, owners of Camelot Lanes, Boardman, Small Business Person of the Year.
Reservations are required by Aug. 31. The cost for chamber members is $25, for nonmembers $35.
For more information, call 330 744 2131, ext. 13, or email Amy@regionalchamber.com.
Copyright 2023 The Business Journal, Youngstown, Ohio.