Chamber to Honor Joseph Co. CEO Aug. 31
YOUNGSTOWN, Ohio – Mitchell Joseph, chairman and CEO of Joseph Company International and West Coast Chill, will be recognized as Business Professional of the Year at the Youngstown Warren Regional Chamber’s Salute to Business 2017.
The breakfast event will take place Aug. 31 at Mr. Anthony’s Banquet Center in Boardman.
The Joseph Co. broke ground last fall on the east side for a $20 million plant that will manufacture the world’s first commercial self-chilling beverage can.
The campus, which is being built on the site where Joseph’s great-grandfather started the Star Bottling co. in 1921, is expected to have four to six buildings, for manufacturing, research and development distribution and administration. About 250 jobs are projected.
The chamber holds its Salute to Business on the opening day of the Canfield Fair. Other business and community leaders who will be honored at the event are:
- Business Advocate of the Year — Jessica Borza, executive director, Mahoning Valley Manufacturers Coalition.
- Nonprofit Professional of the Year — Dr. Farid Naffah, founder, Avamar Gastroenterology, Avamar Foundation.
- Entrepreneur of the Year — Mike S. Senchak and Michael R. Senchak, owners, FirstLight Home Care of the Valley.
- Small Business Professional of the Year — Michael Rulli, Rulli Bros.
- Salute to Labor Achievement — Carlton Ingram, business representative, Operating Engineers Local #66, and vice president, Western Reserve Building & Construction Trades Council.
In addition, Regional Chamber members celebrating milestone anniversaries will be recognized.
Cost to attend the event is $30 for chamber members and $40 for non-members. Those interested can register here.
Copyright 2023 The Business Journal, Youngstown, Ohio.