SBA Opens Nominations for 2019 Honorees
YOUNGSTOWN, Ohio – The U.S. Small Business Administration is accepting nominations for its 2019 National Small Business Week Awards, including the annual Small Business Person of the Year.
Since 1963, National Small Business Week has recognized the outstanding achievements of America’s small businesses for their contributions to their local communities, and to our nation’s economy.
“This is a great opportunity to recognize those small businesses that have contributed significantly to their local communities, developed creative products or made advances with innovative technologies,” SBA Administrator Linda McMahon said in a prepared statement. “A National Small Business Week award is one of the nation’s highest honors for small business achievement.”
Awards to be given in celebration of National Small Business Week on May 5 though 11, 2019 include:
- Small Business Person of the Year (One from each of the 50 states, the District of Columbia, Puerto Rico, the U.S. Virgin Islands, and Guam)
- Small Business Exporter of the Year
- Phoenix Awards for Disaster Recovery
- Phoenix Award for Small Business Disaster Recovery
- Phoenix Award for Outstanding Contributions to Disaster Recovery, Public Official
- Phoenix Award for Outstanding Contributions to Disaster Recovery, Volunteer
- Federal Procurement Awards — Small Business Prime Contractor of the Year, Small Business Subcontractor of the Year, Dwight D. Eisenhower Awards for Excellence (for large prime contractors who use small businesses as suppliers and contractors), 8(a) Graduate of the Year
- Jody C. Raskind Lender of the Year
- Small Business Investment Company of the Year
- Awards to SBA Resource Partners — Small Business Development Center Excellence and Innovation Center Award, Women’s Business Center of Excellence Award, Veterans Business Outreach Center Excellence in Service Award
The SBA Cleveland District itself also will recognizing outstanding local business in the following categories:
- Minority-owned Small Business of the Year
- Veteran-owned Small Business of the Year
- Women-owned Small Business of the Year
“There are many outstanding northern Ohio small businesses deserving of recognition — Local small businesses which have made use of SBA programs and services to start or grow their business. We encourage those businesses to contact the District Office regarding the nomination for such awards,” said Gil Goldberg, SBA Cleveland District director.
All nominations must be submitted no later than 3 p.m. Jan. 9. All nomination packages must be hand delivered or mailed to the nearest SBA Office. Email submissions of SBA Awards forms will not be accepted as they contain personally identifiable information.
U.S. SBA encourages individuals interested in nominating a business to visit this website to download forms criteria and guidelines for submitting a nomination. The Cleveland office asks individuals to Patsy Welsh at 216 522 4172 or email her at [email protected].
Copyright 2023 The Business Journal, Youngstown, Ohio.