Strimbu Fund Announces $147K in Grants
BROOKFIELD, Ohio – The Strimbu Memorial Fund has awarded $147,250 to 18 local organizations. The grants were announced at the fund’s 29th Annual Gift Giving Meeting Dec. 15 at Penn Northwest Development Corp.
“These grants are essential to the organizations that assist in economic development efforts and provide assistance and programs to those in need,” said Bill Strimbu. “Their work is extremely important and beneficial to our surrounding communities.”
Since it was founded in 1990, the Strimbu Memorial Fund has awarded more than $3.3 million, supported by mainstay fundraisers such as the Wild Game Dinner, planned for Feb. 18, and the Strimbu Memorial Day BBQ, planned for May 2.
The organizations receiving grants are:
- Community Library of the Shenango Valley
- Glamorous Gutless Girls
- Home for Jaime
- Inspiring Minds
- Joshua’s Haven
- Meals on Wheels Shenango Valley
- Meals on Wheels Trumbull County
- Mercer County Coalition for Drug Awareness
- Mercer County Mentoring
- Military Affairs of Northeast Ohio
- Penn-Northwest Development Corp.
- Prince of Peace Center
- Shop with a Cop Program, Farrell
- The American Red Cross, Lake to River Chapter
- The Hope Center for Arts & Technology
- The Salvation Army, Sharon
- United Way of Mercer County
- West Hill Ministries
Also at the meeting, board members Strimbu, Bernanrd Carpenter, James Grasso, Jerry Hraboksy and Ron Rice were re-elected to the board, their terms ending in 2020.
For more information, visit StrimbuMemorialFund.org.
Copyright 2022 The Business Journal, Youngstown, Ohio.