TEDxYoungstown Asks ‘What’s Next?’
YOUNGSTOWN, Ohio — At the 2019 TEDxYoungstown event, 14 speakers and performers will take their place on the Red Dot to start a dialogue around the theme ‘What’s Next?’
More than 600 will attend the event scheduled for 9 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. Sept. 7 at the DeYor Performing Arts Center downtown. Speakers will touch on topics ranging from emotional intelligence and health to technology and the arts.
“TEDxYoungstown brings our Valley into the global TED community of innovators and thought leaders,” says Greg Smith, TEDxYoungstown license holder. “By inviting speakers from the valley, the nation and the world to downtown Youngstown, we create a tremendous opportunity for sharing inspiration, entertainment and unique perspectives. These talks truly have the power to change for the better how we live in northeast Ohio.”
During intermission, the interactive lobby will give attendees an opportunity to network at the event.
This year’s lineup of speakers include:
- Derrick McDowell: Youngstown Flea founder, community engagement and inclusion coordinator for the Youngstown Foundation Amphitheatre, assistant director of the Mahoning Valley Sojourn to the Past, community activist.
- Joe Moss II: exercise scientist, lifestyle and fitness coach/trainer at BlessBody Fit.
- Tom Ruggieri: director of bands, Boardman High School.
- Lolita Walker: Change Champion for Women, founder of Walker & Walker Enterprises.
- Mariangela Abeo: photographer.
- Molly Grubb: Dynasty Builder, Grubb Wealth Management.
- Manav Khanna: senior director of product management at Thales.
- Daniel Teadt: voice expert.
- Polo Reo Tate: entertainer.
- Dr. Ann Shippy: functional MED.
- Mo Barrett: anecdotist.
- RJ Thompson: design professor.
- Johannes Ippen: designer.
- John Mattes: executive health coach at Primal Health Coach Institute.
Tickets for the event are $35 for general admission and $50 for VIP. They can be purchased at TEDxYoungstown.com.
The event is sponsored by Compco, Advantage Video & Marketing Solutions for Growth, Chordas Studios, WFMJ TV-21, WKBN 570-AM, White Glove Payroll, PNC Bank, Eastern Gateway Community College, Armstrong Cable and other valley businesses.
Copyright 2022 The Business Journal, Youngstown, Ohio.