Trumbull Memorial Health Foundation Awards Grants
Youngstown, Ohio – The Trumbull Memorial Health Foundation is providing grants of $79,250 to six local health and wellness initiatives.
“These grants recognize the severe challenges faced by people with disabilities and limited resources to access health care,” said foundation chairman Patrick W. Wilson, an attorney with Harrington, Hoppe and Mitchell in Warren.
Among the recipients is Access Health Mahoning Valley, which received a $22,500 grant to help provide access to health care needed for uninsured residents in Trumbull County.
Approximately 10% of Trumbull County individuals are uninsured, with many of them falling into the category of working poor, with income high enough to make them ineligible for Medicaid but not enough financial resources to pay for their own coverage, Wilson noted.
Access Health Mahoning Valley provides the coordination needed to match these individuals with health-care providers for the short term. Staff then work to assist them with a longer term solution by helping these clients enroll in Medicaid or other marketplace health insurance coverage.
Other grants include:
- Children’s Rehabilitation Center, $21,000 for its Children with Courage Fund, to help continue therapy for children who have exceeded insurance limits or family resources.
- Antonine Sisters Adult Day Care, $15,000 for transportation services.
- Howland United Methodist Church, $15,000 for the Howland Tiger Pack backpack program that gives economically disadvantaged children food to take home with them on the weekends.
- Youngstown Area Goodwill Industries, $5,000 for its Preschool Vision Screening Program.
- Easter Seals of Mahoning, Trumbull and Columbiana Counties, $750 for its SuitAbility Therapy program.
The Trumbull Memorial Health Foundation, with more than $13 million in assets, is the successor to the Trumbull Memorial Hospital Foundation. Since 2012, the Foundation has operated as an affiliate of the Community Foundation of the Mahoning Valley, which awards grants for
Copyright 2022 The Business Journal, Youngstown, Ohio.