Youngstown City Schools Announces Award Recipients
YOUNGSTOWN, Ohio – The Youngstown City School District on Monday announced the award recipients for the Youngstown Honors employee recognition dinner.
The awards recognize educators’ efforts in supporting students with educational opportunities and fostering an environment of excellence. Awards will also be distributed to educators with perfect attendance and retirees for their years of service. Awardees were nominated by their peers, YCSD families and community members.
The 2023 Youngstown Honors award recipients are:
- Administrator of the Year: Martin Freeman;
- Anthony DeNiro Distinguished Service Awards: Ernest Anderson, Madonna Barwick, Daisy Ocasio-Corso, Shannon Sefcik and Ithica Stewart-Brown;
- Academic Coach of the Year: Sharon Ragan;
- Athletic Coach of the Year: Marlon McGaughy;
- Deb DiFrancesco Principal of the Year: Maureen Donofrio;
- Lifetime Achievement Award: John Grahovac;
- Newcomer (1st Year Teacher) Award: TaNeka Allison;
- Superintendent’s Volunteer Service Award: Ed Komara Jr.;
- Teacher of the Year Award: Savanna Boals.
“It’s no secret that education has been especially challenging the past several years,” said Youngstown City School District Superintendent Justin Jennings. “Youngstown City Schools and the Youngstown Board of Education wanted to venture outside the traditional recognition event and showcase how much employees are valued and appreciated. We are blessed to have such a magnificent team, and we look forward to highlighting those well-deserving individuals who make YCSD thrive.”
The event will take place from 5 to 9 p.m. May 11 at the Maronite Center, 1555 S. Meridian Road. Tickets are $50 and include a buffet dinner and drink ticket. For more information, including how to register by April 6, visit Youngstown Honors’ website.
Published by The Business Journal, Youngstown, Ohio.