Youngstown Foundation Awards $1.2M in Grants
YOUNGSTOWN, Ohio – The Youngstown Foundation has awarded grants for the fourth quarter of the year to nine area organizations totaling $358,000. The grants were awarded from the unrestricted funds and Hine Memorial Funds.
Additionally, donor advised funds collectively disbursed $134,000 to several 501(c)3 organizations while close to $700,000 was distributed to local nonprofits through the support fund program.
The Youngstown Foundation, founded in 1918, is the largest community foundation in the Mahoning Valley and the fourth oldest in the country.
The foundation’s unrestricted fund fourth-quarter grants include:
- Angels for Animals: $50,000 in support of the new Angel Wing.
- Antonine Sisters Adult Day Care: $20,000 to assist with the purchase of a bus to transport clients.
- Beatitude House $20,000: for building renovations and security upgrades.
- Youngstown Area Goodwill Industries: $75,000 for building upgrades.
- Golden String, Inc. $100,000: in support of GabbaCamp.
- Hopewell Theatre $20,000: capital improvements.
- SCORE $10,000: for program and mentoring services.
Recipients of fourth-quarter Hine grants include:
- Adaptive Sports Program of Ohio $35,000: to support sports program for Mahoning County youth with disabilities.
- Ursuline Sisters HIV/AIDS Ministry $28,000: in support for their children’s program, which serves children infected and affected by HIV/AIDS.
Copyright 2022 The Business Journal, Youngstown, Ohio.