YWCA Announces Awards for Women Artists’ Exhibit
YOUNGSTOWN, Ohio – Fourteen artists participating in the 35th annual Women Artists: A Celebration! exhibit at the YWCA have been awarded over $2,000 in prizes.
The art exhibition, which ran from June 30 to July 28, showcased works by local, regional, and national women artists, age 18 and older. The juried show features all media, including paintings, drawings, photographs, fiber, sculpture, ceramics, jewelry and metal work.
Margo Miller, chair of the department of art at University of Mount Union, selected the award winners from the 130 artworks accepted into the show.
Award winners are:
- Jenna Hudock (Boardman) for her acrylic body of work.
- Eleanor Steines (West Middlesex) for her ink body of work.
- Diane Beatty (Campbell) for her photography body of work.
- Sharlene Green (Cleveland Heights) for her pastel and charcoal pieces Henrietta McCullough and Eliza Sidecar, Seeing More than You Can Imagine.
- Patricia Watson (Youngstown) for Adaeza (African for princess), a clay piece. This piece also won the People’s Choice award.
- Carol Gallo (Girard) for her monoprint body of work.
- Marianne Whitehouse (Youngstown) for Back to Back, a mixed media piece.
- Jeanie Gordon (Warren) for her oil and ceramic body of work.
- Mary Kay D’Isa (Mishawaka, Ind.) for her watercolor body of work.
- Rebecca Hawkins (Columbiana) for Anita, a pastel piece.
- Millie Hawkins (Warren) for her watercolor body of work.
- Dani Lowery (Brookfield) for her acrylic piece Blue Dragon.
- Tazim Jaffer (Girarad) for her photography body of work.
- Marcia Malmer (Canfield) for her fabric body of work.
YWCA, through its housing, youth development, and empowerment programs, is on a mission to eliminate racism, empower women, stand up for social justice, help families, and strengthen communities. To learn more about YWCA, visit YWCA.org/youngstown.
Copyright 2022 The Business Journal, Youngstown, Ohio.